With the release of Auckland Mayor Phil Goff’s proposed 10-year Recovery Budget on Tuesday, Aucklanders are facing a one-off 5 percent hike in the average general rates in 2021, Newshub reports. The hike will help fund the proposed budget which will invest in environmental and water infrastructure, transport, parks and community facilities. Meanwhile, the long-term annual average general rates increase will remain at 3.5 percent.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions