The owner of a machinery hire business in Auckland is seething after an expensive excavator was stolen for the second time in three years – and he says police have once again put their case on the back-burner, Newshub reports. Little Digger Hire rents out its fleet of 15 excavators to clients and DIY enthusiasts in the Auckland area, but the business has been targeted by alleged criminals posing as genuine customers. Meanwhile, a police spokesperson said Little Digger Hire’s case was assigned to an officer and enquiries have been undertaken.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’