The owner of a machinery hire business in Auckland is seething after an expensive excavator was stolen for the second time in three years – and he says police have once again put their case on the back-burner, Newshub reports. Little Digger Hire rents out its fleet of 15 excavators to clients and DIY enthusiasts in the Auckland area, but the business has been targeted by alleged criminals posing as genuine customers. Meanwhile, a police spokesperson said Little Digger Hire’s case was assigned to an officer and enquiries have been undertaken.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid