The levels of water in Auckland’s dams are expected to drop below 50 percent full after significantly low rainfall throughout autumn, Newshub reports. At this time of year, Auckland’s dams are normally 76.4 percent full. But as of Thursday, they have dropped to just 50.26 percent. The drop has been caused by low rainfall, with eight of the past 12 months reporting lower than average monthly rainfall.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor