An Auckland Countdown at the centre of an alleged arson will remain closed for a further five weeks, in order for the damage to be repaired, Stuff reports. Two weeks ago, a fire broke out in the snack aisle of Countdown in WestCity Waitākere shopping centre, requiring the entire mall to be evacuated and about 60 firefighters to respond. A 20-year-old and a 19-year-old were charged with arson and shoplifting in relation to the incident. Meanwhile, staff affected by the repairs will either be helping to get the store back up and running, or working in other local Countdown stores.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions