Auckland Council is set to approve a new budget that will hit households with an average 43 percent rates rise and 111 percent rise in water costs over the next 10 years, NZ Herald reveals. Mayor Phil Goff will be unveiling his own recovery package for Auckland. The package will focus on maintaining essential services and high levels of spending on infrastructure, to help Auckland and New Zealand pull out of the Covid-19 crisis.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions