Auckland Council is set to approve a new budget that will hit households with an average 43 percent rates rise and 111 percent rise in water costs over the next 10 years, NZ Herald reveals. Mayor Phil Goff will be unveiling his own recovery package for Auckland. The package will focus on maintaining essential services and high levels of spending on infrastructure, to help Auckland and New Zealand pull out of the Covid-19 crisis.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’