Auckland Council has no plan to lift the region’s water restrictions yet, which have been in place for one year as of Sunday, NZ Herald reports. Water restrictions were raised on May 16 of last year with a potential to ease in August 2021. However, the region’s reservoir levels last week were at 49.6 percent, compared with the usual 76.6 percent for this time of year.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor