Auckland Council has no plan to lift the region’s water restrictions yet, which have been in place for one year as of Sunday, NZ Herald reports. Water restrictions were raised on May 16 of last year with a potential to ease in August 2021. However, the region’s reservoir levels last week were at 49.6 percent, compared with the usual 76.6 percent for this time of year.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’