Auckland Council has said the city’s workforce will not go below 6000 despite the ongoing pandemic, TVNZ reports. The assurance comes after hundreds of Auckland Council employees lost their jobs as the result of the Covid-19 pandemic. According to Auckland Council deputy chief executive Patricia Reade, the current number of staff sits between an estimated 6250 to 6350.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’