Auckland Council has said the city’s workforce will not go below 6000 despite the ongoing pandemic, TVNZ reports. The assurance comes after hundreds of Auckland Council employees lost their jobs as the result of the Covid-19 pandemic. According to Auckland Council deputy chief executive Patricia Reade, the current number of staff sits between an estimated 6250 to 6350.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions