Ngāti Ōtara Park Multi-sport Centre opened on 8 May, offering local talent a world-class space with modern equipment to train on, Auckland Council has announced. The $6.4 million multi-sport centre has transformed the previous facilities at the park, according to Mayor Phil Goff. The park is connected to Ōtara town centre, the Manukau Institute of Technology and the residential end of Ōtara Rd, making it an ideal community hub.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor