Two people are in custody after allegedly carrying out two aggravated robberies in Auckland on Tuesday, before fleeing police at high-speed, Newshub reports. Multiple police units were called to respond to the alleged offenders, who fled police, “carrying out dangerous manoeuvres and frequently driving on the wrong side of the road.” According to Inspector Peter Raynes, police first responded at about 11:40am, when officers received a report of an aggravated robbery at a New Windsor dairy. Items were allegedly stolen by two individuals who presented a weapon before leaving the scene in a stolen vehicle.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor