Wayward golf balls and several near misses have led to three holes at an Auckland golf course being closed, NZ Herald reports. Three vehicles travelling along the Northwestern Motorway have been struck by golf balls coming from Mt Albert’s Chamberlain Park in the three months between December and February this year. Auckland Council manages the course and, after carrying out a risk assessment, has decided to temporarily close 5, 12 and 14 holes.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor