Wayward golf balls and several near misses have led to three holes at an Auckland golf course being closed, NZ Herald reports. Three vehicles travelling along the Northwestern Motorway have been struck by golf balls coming from Mt Albert’s Chamberlain Park in the three months between December and February this year. Auckland Council manages the course and, after carrying out a risk assessment, has decided to temporarily close 5, 12 and 14 holes.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday