Takaanini’s Te Mahia Community Village will be hosting its first Play Streets event on Saturday April 24th, Auckland Council announces. The Play Streets event, which is supported by the council and has a simple kaupapa, aims to provide play equipment for tamariki and rangatahi, emphasise the importance of community partnership, and encourage community engagement among placemakers, suppliers and champions. Play Streets is part of Waka Kotahi’s (NZ Transport Agency) Innovating Streets programme, working with Auckland Council and Healthy Families South Auckland and Waitākere.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor