Auckland Council has provided places in which to safely dispose of electronic waste, Auckland Council announces. This is an effort to save valuable materials inside electronics from ending up in landfill. Specialty recyclers are growing their capacity to take electronic waste in New Zealand while Computer Recycling is running 30 community electronic waste recycling events this year around Auckland, with the hopes of diverting 300 tonnes of e-waste from landfill.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday