Rubbish spilling out of a state house in West Auckland is blocking a footpath and one nearby resident says it’s become a health and safety hazard, NZ Herald reports. The Kāinga Ora house was located on Universal Drive in Henderson. Christine McKeen, one of the nearby residents, said she already complained to Auckland Council earlier this year. The Council told her the tenant had been given two weeks to get rid of the waste or they would be taken to court. However, one month later, there is even more rubbish there than before, McKeen added.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor