Two Mount Albert residents have alleged Auckland Council has failed to maintain the nearby Western Springs Park, TVNZ reports. However, the council has reasoned that Covid-19 lockdowns and the recent drought has held up their maintenance work. Julie Pickering, Auckland Council’s Head of Area Operations for community facilities, said there will be scheduled work in May to dress the topsoil and reinstate the grass. There will also be a community planting day at the lake on June 12 to educate and encourage the public on how they can care for their park.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor