A new trial road layout in Henderson town centre – to help improve traffic flow and provide a safe alternative for people to use bikes, scooters and public transport – will start this week, Auckland Council announces. Since November 2020, Panuku Development Auckland and Auckland Transport have been working with a community advisory group on the project, called Henderson Streets for People. Some of the tests will include a temporary traffic flow plan, large intersection artwork and a trial parklet among others. Click here to find out more about the Henderson Streets for People project.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday