A pedestrian was seriously injured after being struck by a car in a hit-and-run in Auckland early on Sunday morning, TVNZ reports. Detective Inspector Uraia Vakaruru said the incident happened on Sandringham Road shortly before 4am Sunday. The man was transported to Auckland Hospital, where he remains in a serious but stable condition. Anyone with information has been urged to contact the Auckland City Crime Squad on 09 302 6557.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor