A new police station in the Auckland suburb of Mt Roskill has now opened, RNZ reports. The station is part of a modernisation programme for police properties. The new base opened after more than two years of planning, is fitted out with new features to provide better access for the public, and can house nearly 100 staff.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor