Almost 40 Auckland beaches are contaminated with faecal matters and deemed unsafe for swimming, after heavy rain hit the area on Saturday, Newshub reports. SafeSwim website has released warnings for 37 beaches which pose a high risk of illness from swimming. The “high risk of illness” alert is triggered when there’s a greater than 2 percent chance of getting sick from swimming at a beach.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor