The mass deaths of nearly 200,000 chickens in a commercial barn over a year ago, may be the subject of legal action, Newshub reports. In November 2019, between 180,000 and 190,000 chickens died at a West Auckland farm which supplied Tegel chicken. The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is investigating the deaths, and has now asked for the opinions of Crown lawyers.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor