Auckland Transport (AT) has released its Pasifika strategy, aimed at growing its Pacific workforce and improving how it engages with Pacific communities, RNZ reports. This strategy comes a year after Auckland Council released its own Pasifika strategy, Ara Moana, aiming to improve outcomes for Pacific peoples in Auckland. Currently, 10 percent of Auckland Council’s total workforce are of Pacific descent, and 4 percent of its senior staff and leaders are Pacific.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor