Auckland Transport (AT) has released its Pasifika strategy, aimed at growing its Pacific workforce and improving how it engages with Pacific communities, RNZ reports. This strategy comes a year after Auckland Council released its own Pasifika strategy, Ara Moana, aiming to improve outcomes for Pacific peoples in Auckland. Currently, 10 percent of Auckland Council’s total workforce are of Pacific descent, and 4 percent of its senior staff and leaders are Pacific.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday