While a traffic safety project in an Auckland suburb created quiet streets, it has also been the center of complaints from residents who say they did not know it was happening, Newshub reports. Plywood boxes were used to block several thoroughfare streets in the low traffic neighbourhood project, which generated a lot of criticism in local group pages on Facebook. After public feedback and vehicle movement data has been gathered, a decision will be made on the future of Ōnehunga’s low traffic project.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor