Work on a new toilet and changing facility at Gould Reserve at Takapuna Beach is scheduled to get underway this winter, with one of the special features being a Changing Places Room space, Auckland Council announces. This will make public facilities in the Devonport-Takapuna Local area more accessible for people with disabilities. The additional features have been enabled through the support of generous locals Jackie and Chris Reeve, who were the key funders and driving forces behind the fabulous destination playground at Takapuna Beach.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday