Auckland Transport’s recent report reveals that more than half of Auckland’s road deaths in 2020 were linked to speeding – an 11 per cent increase from previous years, Stuff reports. The road safety progress update from Auckland Transport released this week states that while road deaths are down overall, their links to drink-driving and speeding are a cause for concern. Meanwhile, Auckland Transport is expected to consult the public on the next phase of the safe speeds scheme in August.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor