New Zealand Government and Amazon Studios have partnered for the streaming series based on The Lord of the Rings, and this is more great news for Auckland’s booming screen industry, Auckland Council announces. The agreement was confirmed by Minister for Economic and Regional Development, Stuart Nash, with Auckland Mayor Phil Goff welcoming the news. The partnership agreement also includes a talent development focus, with a range of deliverables – such as internships and other on-set placements – across the series’ multiple seasons.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa