New Zealand Government and Amazon Studios have partnered for the streaming series based on The Lord of the Rings, and this is more great news for Auckland’s booming screen industry, Auckland Council announces. The agreement was confirmed by Minister for Economic and Regional Development, Stuart Nash, with Auckland Mayor Phil Goff welcoming the news. The partnership agreement also includes a talent development focus, with a range of deliverables – such as internships and other on-set placements – across the series’ multiple seasons.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor