A new rehabilitation facility in south Auckland for people with spinal injuries now appears to be one step closer, with the Government earmarking $110 million in funding for it, Stuff reports. The centre is expected to replace the existing Auckland Spinal Rehabilitation Unit (ASRU) in Ōtara, providing services for people with spinal injuries from the central North Island to the Far North. However, despite a paper from the Ministry of Health outlining its financial support, officials are remaining tight-lipped on the project.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa