Fire and Emergency is reminding Aucklanders to be vigilant following the beginning of open fire season, Stuff reports. An open fire season allows people to light a fire outdoors without securing a permit. Recent rainfall has helped to loosen restrictions, and cooler temperatures and humidity have also helped to decrease the likelihood of fire. However, the populated Hauraki Gulf islands have gone into a restricted season.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor