Fire crews fought a vegetation blaze next to train tracks at the central Auckland suburb of Parnell on Sunday evening, TVNZ reports. Emergency services were called to Gladstone Road near the park, more commonly known as the Parnell Rose Garden, after some toitoi bushes caught on fire. The fire had been mostly extinguished by Monday, but crews continued to dampen down hot spots.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor