Jay Lingman has been found guilty of murdering Auckland man Denver Chance, RNZ reports. After a 24-hour deliberation, the jury came to a unanimous verdict on Tuesday, following a trial spanning almost three weeks at the High Court in Auckland. Lingman denied murdering Chance, but pleaded guilty to three charges of possession of drugs, including cocaine and MDMA, for supply. Lingman was remanded in custody ahead of sentencing on 11 June.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor