The World Health Organisation has issued a stark warning against coronavirus “complacency” as a number of countries record worrying spikes in cases, NZ Herald reports. WHO representatives pointed out that after cases and deaths declined at the beginning of the year, the global situation has worsened dramatically in recent weeks. The world’s death toll is almost at 3 million, with 2.94m people losing their lives to the disease since it surfaced in late 2019.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday