The World Health Organisation has issued a stark warning against coronavirus “complacency” as a number of countries record worrying spikes in cases, NZ Herald reports. WHO representatives pointed out that after cases and deaths declined at the beginning of the year, the global situation has worsened dramatically in recent weeks. The world’s death toll is almost at 3 million, with 2.94m people losing their lives to the disease since it surfaced in late 2019.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor