Officials are investigating how a traveller made their way from Perth to New Zealand over the ANZAC weekend while the Western Australian city was still in lockdown and quarantine-free travel was suspended, Newshub reports. Quarantine-free travel between New Zealand and Western Australia was temporarily suspended due to a three-day lockdown in Perth and Peel. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Health reiterated in a statement that any risk to the New Zealand public as a result of the breach remained low.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor