A leaked letter has revealed the Auckland District Health Board is inviting all “non-patient facing” workers to receive the Covid-19 vaccine, despite the current focus of Government’s roll-out being border workers and frontline health staff, Stuff reports. It comes after Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins disclosed more than 500 Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ) workers have still not received one dose of the vaccine, while members of the ADHB’s board have received a jab before some frontline health workers. Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Health confirmed the DHB advised the ministry of its plans to invite all staff to be vaccinated over the next few weeks.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor