A new community vaccination centre capable of vaccinating up to 1000 people a day has opened in East Auckland, Stuff reports. Emergency services staff were among the first to be vaccinated on opening day, most of whom lived in the Mt Wellington area. The vaccination centre, situated on Leonard Road in Mt Wellington, is Auckland’s second of its kind able to vaccinate such a large proportion of people, after an East Tamaki centre. Until public vaccinations are available in June, vaccination will be by appointment only for those who fall within the accepted categories.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor