Residents of a south Auckland’s Kenderdine Park Rest Home have become the first aged care residents in the region to receive their Covid-19 jab, Stuff reports. Thirty-eight residents and staff of the rest home got their vaccine on Friday the 23rd, on the first day of the region’s aged residential care outreach programme. New Zealand’s Covid-19 vaccination rollout officially started on February 20, with the first jabs going to border workers and managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ) workers. As of April 21st, more than 183,300 doses have been administered.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor