Auckland University students are being asked to play virtual guinea pigs in a new experiment investigating how viruses spread, Stuff reports. The experiment requires participants to install a mobile app known as Safe Blues on their mobile phones, and a small number of phones would be artificially ‘infected’ with a harmless digital ‘token’ that represents a human virus. All students and staff were welcome to take part in the experiment. Safe Blues is a joint partnership between researchers at Auckland University and Australian, Dutch and American universities.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor