A number of counterfeit $50 banknotes are circulating in south Auckland, Stuff reports. In a statement via the Counties Manukau Police Facebook page, Sergeant Nick Ewen from Pukekohe police has warned retailers and businesses of suspect notes in the area. The fake $50 notes are high quality photocopies of genuine notes that boast deceiving clear panels on both sides. Anyone who has come into contact with any counterfeit notes are asked to put them into an envelope and hand them over to police.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday