Auckland’s city centre business association is calling for stronger action from police after a man fired a gun in the Sofitel hotel on Thursday last week, RNZ reports. Police continue to investigate the shooting but say a gang rivalry led to the incident. Heart of the City chief executive Viv Beck said, while the incident was very well managed by police, it’s not something you expect to happen when you go about your day. Beck also added the issue needs to be dealt with before it gets worse.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor