Apple Music has launched a new, more localised chart in more than 100 cities around the world, including Auckland, Newshub reports. ‘City Charts’ will be updated daily with a Top 25 for each city, based not just on total number of plays but also on what Apple calls additional signs of local popularity. The music streaming service will map out local listening patterns for each city and measure which tracks residents are listening to on repeat, hoping to give a more insightful look into the local culture and individual music scenes.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor