Auckland’s water reservoirs are half empty again and nearing record lows, but this time round authorities are not so worried, RNZ reports. Multiple projects to boost water supply and processing mean the city is not feeling the same pinch as it was 12 months ago. While this year’s reservoirs are barely any better – this week sitting at just 52 percent full – it has not caused concern for Watercare who have spent the last 12 months upgrading and reinstating bores, reservoirs and treatment plants to increase Auckland’s water supply.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor