A Decile 10 school in central Auckland says the gap is widening between it and lower decile schools, because of the Government’s donation scheme, Stuff reports. Since 2020, decile 1-7 schools have had the option to receive $150 per student per year, instead of asking their families for donations. Decile 8-10 schools are excluded. Further, by 2022 at the latest, school deciles are meant to be gone, to be replaced by an “equity index.” However, it is said the shift will not massively shift educational funding but could cause some schools to lose funding instead.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor