A Decile 10 school in central Auckland says the gap is widening between it and lower decile schools, because of the Government’s donation scheme, Stuff reports. Since 2020, decile 1-7 schools have had the option to receive $150 per student per year, instead of asking their families for donations. Decile 8-10 schools are excluded. Further, by 2022 at the latest, school deciles are meant to be gone, to be replaced by an “equity index.” However, it is said the shift will not massively shift educational funding but could cause some schools to lose funding instead.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa