A man was hospitalised with serious injuries after a suspected shooting in the west Auckland suburb of Avondale on Easter Sunday, Newshub reports. Emergency services were called to an address on Blockhouse Bay Rd shortly before 2:30am. The man suffered injuries from a discharged firearm and was taken to hospital in a serious condition. Police are investigating the circumstances of the incident.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor