An Auckland landlord trespassed on a tenant before dumping their belongings and changing the locks, with the bitter battle ending up before the Tenancy Tribunal, Newshub reports. The feud between landlord Karen Bartlett and the tenant of her caravan, Natalie Heywood, had a “tortuous” background, tribunal adjudicator John Greene said in a recent ruling. Heywood was awarded $500 in compensation and $1000 in exemplary damages. In addition, Bartlett was also ordered to pay Heywood the bond of $310.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor