An Auckland landlord trespassed on a tenant before dumping their belongings and changing the locks, with the bitter battle ending up before the Tenancy Tribunal, Newshub reports. The feud between landlord Karen Bartlett and the tenant of her caravan, Natalie Heywood, had a “tortuous” background, tribunal adjudicator John Greene said in a recent ruling. Heywood was awarded $500 in compensation and $1000 in exemplary damages. In addition, Bartlett was also ordered to pay Heywood the bond of $310.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday