Auckland Council has confirmed no more animals owned by the council will be subject to live exporting, Stuff reports. The announcement came after a report revealed the council exported 26 live cattle from some of its regional parks in 2020. The council also defended that last year’s export was part of a one-off breeding programme. Auckland Council is the biggest urban farmer in the Auckland region, with 1000 cattle and 5500 ewes stretching across 1500 hectares of pasture.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa