A former Auckland Council manager accused of bullying was appointed to a part-time job paid by the council, NZ Herald reveals. Josephine Bartley and Shane Henderson, who interviewed the candidates for the part-time job, said they have no knowledge of the allegations of workplace bullying. Meanwhile, Employment lawyer Blair Scotland said he would be surprised if any large organisation, like Auckland Council, would not take allegations of bullying seriously and have the proper policies and processes in place to deal with complaints.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor