It has been revealed that Auckland Council sold a small number of cows to live animal exporters last year, Stuff reports. The information surfaced after the announcement that Cornwall Park would also be sending its cows for live export to Mongolia. A member of the public, who did not want to be named, made enquiries to Auckland Council about live exporting in December. In an email, Auckland Council said it does export a small number of cattle for live export on a trial basis. There has been backlash from the public, since it emerged that cows raised on Auckland’s Cornwall Park were being involved in a breeding programme.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor