A Māori leader claims an Auckland Council agency lacks transparency about a proposed housing development, Stuff reports. Auckland’s Te Whānau O Waipareira Trust chief executive John Tamihere has been locked in a legal battle with Panuku over the project in Old Papatoetoe. Panuku has refused to name its chosen iwi until the project is completed around the middle of this year. Tamihere said it is an example of the council-controlled organisation’s lack of transparency and accountability, especially that the Papatoetoe site should be used for social housing.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor