World Rugby has confirmed that the 2021 women’s Rugby World Cup, due to be hosted in New Zealand later this year, is now set to be postponed, NZ Herald reports. The sports event is currently scheduled to take place on 18 September-16 October 2021 in Whangārei and Auckland, with the Black Ferns scheduled to take on rivals Australia on opening night at Eden Park. World Rugby said it has recommended the postponement to 2022 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and this move will be considered by Rugby World Cup officials next week.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor