The political failings of KiwiBuild has not deterred desperate home buyers, TVNZ reports. On Monday, the number of people trying to book an appointment for Auckland’s latest KiwiBuild project was so high that the website crashed. Ockham Residential opened up applications on a “first come, first serve” basis, for 76 KiwiBuild one- and two-bedroom apartments at its Manaaki development in Onehunga. However, many potential applicants missed out as demand saw the site crash for 15 minutes after bookings began.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor