Five buildings at Unitec’s Mt Albert campus were temporarily closed after the discovery of harmful asbestos on their exteriors, Newshub reports. The asbestos was detected by a specialist contractor on the outer surfaces of Buildings 111, 112, 113, 114 and 115 on Wednesday afternoon. The buildings will stay closed while extensive internal and external testing is undertaken to determine the asbestos levels.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor