The Tony award-winning stage show version of The Lion King is coming to Auckland, Stuff reports, and will premiere at Auckland’s Spark Arena on June 24. It will mark the international tour cast’s return to the stage more than a year after their last performance in a tour delayed by Covid-19. It will also be the first time the show, which is based on the Disney film, has visited New Zealand. While it is being touted as a “strictly limited season”, there is no indication how many shows the cast will perform while they are in the country.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor