A new community hub opened in the heart of Takanini on the weekend, providing a “home away from home” for the growing and diverse community, Auckland Council announced. Te Paataka Koorero o Takaanini – Taakanini Community Hub – is the council’s newest community facility and will provide visitors with a new space to call home. Auckland Mayor Phil Goff was on hand to officially open the hub, which includes library and community services and is located within the Takanini Village shopping centre, where the council has taken a long-term lease to house the facility.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa